SI3000 Lumia G8: Compact 1U GPON OLT
SI3000 Lumia G8 is a compact 1U GPON OLT product optimised for smaller fibre-access deployments. It combines GPON and point-to-point fibre the same box, and delivers performance and scale optimised for heterogeneous residential and business access. SI3000 Lumia G8 provides eight GPON ports with 1:128 split ratio, effectively able to serve up to 1024 fibre subscribers. Simultaneously, four GE P2P users can be served from the same product.
In addition to central-office deployment, the 1U pizzabox product inherently supports the deployment in street cabinets: it includes control over light, door, and alarms; the design is temperature-hardened (up to +65 °C ambient).
SI3000 Lumia G8 1U GPON OLT delivers comprehensive network services, performance, and scale, optimized for different variants of residential and business access networks. Intelligent wire-speed BB access product provides eight GPON OLT ports together with 2x10GE and 4xGE (combo) uplink interfaces. Using the latest generation of 40Gbps network processor it already operates in Flow based mode and is SDN ready. With its non-blocking architecture it is designed to meet the rapidly evolving bandwidth demands on passive optical access networks. Advanced network functionalities provide flexible residential and business interconnecting and mobile backhauling within various network topologies.
Just like the GPON blade for its big brother (the SI3000 Lumia), the compact SI3000 Lumia G8 is truly unique:
- It is based on the latest state-of-the-art GPON chipset which guarantees its long-term availability;
- It supports exquisite bandwidth utilisation and high split ratio;
- It is network processor-based and is the building block of the only true SDN-enabled broadband platform;
- It employs the functionality and flexibility of a true software-defined broadband;
- It is service- and app-aware, enabling per-flow control over service/app delivery, effective QoS per service/app, and policy enforcement per service/app;
- It allows operators to optimise their business processes and diversify their commercial offering;
- It supports multi-provider deployment scenarios, including virtual unbundling and open access;
- It supports all types of residential, business, or cloud-based services;
- It employs efficient, OPEX-friendly service and app provisioning;
- And – of course – it offers all the rich functionality needed in intelligent broadband-access networks.
8 PON OLT ports together with 2x10GE and 4xGE (combo) uplink interfaces.